Sunday, September 21, 2008

Letter to Juju on her 5th birthday, from mommy



I sit here and think back to the morning you were born. You tucked away within my body, just the two of us. We shared private moments that no one else could take part in. A mother/daughter bond created even before we laid eyes on one another.
I knew you were coming that morning you were born, five years ago.My body knew and it gave me signs all night. I reveled in the thought that I would soon hold you in my arms. I stayed at home for as long as I possible, knowing I wanted to have you to myself just for a bit longer.
You are not the most patient child, never have been, so it's no surprise that my labor with you was extremely fast and hard. Once you decided you wanted to see the world, there was no slowing you down. I nearly had you at home! My body and I worked together like magic, and birthing you gave me one of the MOST empowering and uplifting experiences of my life. Not only you were born that morning, but something within ME, a feeling of pure strength and empowerment that I've never before felt in my life, was also born that morning.
When they laid you against my chest I looked down at your angelic plump face and thanked God, I felt the presence of my mother wrapped around the both of us, my heart was bursting with love and it was as if you and I had known each other all of our lives.
As you grow and experience life, I want you to remember who you are and where you came from . Remember that you are strong and you can accomplish anything no matter how long the roads to your goals look. Nothing is impossible , always have faith and stay true to yourself. Be confident and take pride in who you are, but also stay level headed. Remember that everyone is different and different is beautiful, you will realize that beauty will get you many things but always remember that the inner beauty you hold within is the MOST powerful and what will make you the MOST beautiful. Be kind and compassionate, not only to everything around you, but also to yourself. Stay safe and treat your body as a temple.
LAUGH! Oh do laugh! Your giggle is just one of the many things I love so much about you, the room lights up when you laugh and my heart sings.
Dream big! Dream colorful! Dream magic! Dream beyond the stars! Everything big starts as something small!

Happy birthday my sweet Julia,
Your mother.

3 comments:

Renata* said...

What a letter!!!!
Amiga, esta carta eh linda! Eh uma verdadeira declaracao de AMOR!
Parabens!!
Bjoka!
Re

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Juju.

It's very difficult being so far away and not being able to celebrate your special day with you. Do know I'm thinking of you and wish you the best today and everyday.
Best Wishes!!

Uncle Ray

David Wilson said...

That was great to read. Thank you for sharing!